Friday, April 28, 2006

Well...


Hey everyone! Guess what!

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I will be teaching Year 8, 9 and 10 English, Year 9 Christian Education and two Sport classes at the very same Secondary School that I went to myself! I'M RAPT!

I went for the interview early last week, which went really well, and I was just starting to get a little sad at the thought that yet another interview was unsuccesful, when I received a phone message on my mobile from the head of the Senior School. I rang him back and he told me that my application was succesful! I'm going to be a real teacher! Continuity, setting work, essays, marking, professional discussion - it's all waiting for me! I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to glorified babysitting (emergency teaching). I begin on 20th May, which is quite soon, so I'll be in at my new school (old school?) in the intermediary to work out a smooth hand over of the classes (it'll be a mid-year swap) and to get a good grasp of where the kids are at and what I'll be doing with them. I'm a little scared of beginning full time work, and of having the responsibility for all of these classes, but I know that I learn best through experience (being thrown in the deep end). I'll thrash around for a bit, but I'll quickly learn to stay afloat, and then after a bit I'll be powering through.

Thankyou all for your support and encouragement - it has meant the world to me :)

22 Comments:

At 6:09 pm, April 28, 2006, Blogger Martin Boutros said...

*raise champagne glass*

 
At 6:17 pm, April 28, 2006, Blogger HoneyBee said...

wow go you!
yeah most kid (specially those how are foced into it) dont give a damn how they do in christian studies so dont expect enthusiasm (however it is spelt) or things handed in on time.
but you do fine... kids aren't that scary!! *grins evilly*

 
At 6:28 pm, April 28, 2006, Blogger Steve Chatelier said...

That's very, very cool! Well done ol' boy!!!

 
At 8:22 pm, April 28, 2006, Blogger Dr Dan said...

Fantasmical, must require a bottle of red to be consumed...Your place or mine?

 
At 10:48 pm, April 28, 2006, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I am so excited for you dboy! You'll be the most amazing teacher! I envy those kids! GO DBOY!!! They're all goign to call you Mr Dboy right?

 
At 11:51 pm, April 28, 2006, Blogger Dboy said...

Thanks Paul! I'll definately keep that in mind about C.E. I don't plan on it being a heavy subject, and apart from the set curriculum, I would like to create an environment where people feel very free to express their opinions and ask questions. They can be enthusiastic if they want, or bored stiff, and hopefully they can say if they're bored stiff and then I can ask what they think.

Thanks so much everyone. Wine must be consumed at an occasion like this, I believe :)

Hmmmm... Mr. Dboy... I like it!

 
At 12:04 am, April 29, 2006, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

You can't say something like that and me not have access to wine!

 
At 11:04 am, April 29, 2006, Blogger Luke said...

That's so awesome!! Our Dboy is gonna be a full on teacher! Congratulations buddy! :D

Seriously, I can so imagine you being that teacher all the kids remember well after they finish school. Do us proud man. :)

 
At 12:51 pm, April 29, 2006, Blogger Mutt said...

Alright! Best news I've heard in an age

 
At 2:06 pm, April 30, 2006, Blogger Billy said...

Does this mean we have to start calling you Mr Boy?

 
At 2:08 pm, April 30, 2006, Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

Yay! Congrats to you!!!

 
At 4:41 pm, April 30, 2006, Blogger Zebe said...

aha YAAAY!!!

 
At 10:25 pm, April 30, 2006, Blogger Martin Boutros said...

Hey Dboy - whatever happened to your old sparring mate the cheese --http://cheeseypete.blogspot.com/

I've jusr discovered captain america's blog is working again but he hasn'tbeen there for months but cheese was one of the last posts -- he was a vile pagan!

 
At 10:26 pm, April 30, 2006, Blogger Martin Boutros said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:32 am, May 01, 2006, Blogger Dboy said...

Hahaha! He certainly was - a very nooby attempt :)

That was pretty intricate spam up there, I think I'll leave it!

I'm gonna post about my brother's bucks day soon, but I'll need to get the photos off of him. Emailing now!

 
At 12:58 pm, May 01, 2006, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Can't wait to see th ephotos!!!

 
At 10:57 pm, May 01, 2006, Blogger Billy said...

Hey Mr Boy, can you write me a note, I don't feel well...

 
At 12:36 am, May 02, 2006, Blogger Dboy said...

I'll have to look at that one, Puffin :)

Dear The Teacher,

Billy is unwell today as he mistook his breakfast of fried bacon for underpants. Please find enclosed photos, as I'm sure that you will find this note a little far fetched.

Sincerely,

The Teacher.

 
At 3:12 pm, May 02, 2006, Blogger iggi said...

He he. come teach at my school! Mr. Dboy can I blog in class?

 
At 9:54 pm, May 02, 2006, Blogger HoneyBee said...

Jill you would blog in class with permision or without!
hehe Mr Dboy... Nice!

 
At 12:16 am, May 03, 2006, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Best, note, ever!!!

 
At 3:43 pm, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home