Thursday, December 08, 2005

Chrystal's Song

Not many know, I think, that the song Chrystal sang last Sunday after her talk at church, was actually written by her! She wrote the melody and the lyrics one time, just cos she felt like it, and then took it to Megan who added chords and a harmony.

For those who weren't there, Chrystal preached up a storm, establishing that righteousness is something God gives freely to everyone who believes in Jesus ("This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe." - Romans 3:22). Therefore, if you have faith in Christ, there is no person who is more righteous than another person, and there is no way for you to become more righteous by doing works - you are absolutely blameless and in total right standing with God.

After giving the talk, she sang this song:

Like a child I come,
Into your arms
of grace and mercy,

I want to know your touch,
I reach out to you,
and I know you’ll meet me

In my time of trial,
I’ll call out your name,
and I know you’ll hear me,

I rest in your vast love,
Eternal, unchanging God

Chorus
You are the light of my life,
I will bless you Lord,

You are the strength of my soul,
I will give my all

Never let me go

I was proud as punch - never knew she could write such an awesome song. Well done to you too, Tink.

8 Comments:

At 10:08 am, December 09, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

It's a super cool song! Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think she was awesome! Well done XKrissTallL! You're such a talented chicky!

 
At 2:59 pm, December 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww shucks... thanks guys. Do you a deal Paul, I'll sing you my song if you sing me one that you've written :)(no alcohol involved!) Deal?
Couldn't have done it without Megan, her encouragement and musical expertise made it happen and brought my song from something that came to me in the car, stuck in traffic, to something I could sing in church. Thanks Meags!:)

 
At 5:53 pm, December 09, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Awwww! Shucks! Glad I could help. I had so much fun! I'll have to teach you some of my songs Chrystal! And you'll have to write more songs! I'm looking forward to it!

 
At 8:58 pm, December 09, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Teach her your funny one about the horse and the undertaker. Man I love that song.

 
At 10:59 pm, December 09, 2005, Blogger Brie said...

aww cool, someone sang a song at our local church last christmas. He wrote it himself and it was really cool...
anyways, i was just wondering if anyone knows what happened to my blog. I didnt change any settings or anything but something's happened to it...

 
At 12:20 pm, December 10, 2005, Blogger Brie said...

doesnt matter its back now, yesterday it had half of the first post then all html language stuff and that was it... confused but oh well

 
At 11:39 am, December 11, 2005, Blogger Luke said...

That's so cool. Very proud of you Chrystal. Just beautiful. :)

 
At 9:19 pm, December 11, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Go Wifey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home