Friday, October 07, 2005

I Need a Break... OUCH! Not That Kind!

I've been working Trojan-like over the past week for my placement at Donvale, and I'm feeling pooped to the dickens. I've got quite a few lesson plans to do, and considering I'm teaching The Hobbit to my Year 10's, I can't help but plan awesomely fun, but very very detailed, lesson plans so they get the most out of it (I'm bringing in excerpts from the LotR trilogy to show how people have represeted Gollum, and a bit of his background - coolest character ever). Combine this stuff with the fact that I'm giving a message and doing a drama for '5 - 2 - 9' (youth program at church) and a vox pop segment for the night service at church on Sunday, and you have a very busy, tired Danny. I'm feeling good about it though, I think I can pull it off, and it'll be over soon. My wife has been the best chick in the world too, supporting me by making dinner, cleaning dishes and making me lunch; I have to be the luckiest guy in the world.

Kep reading, it gets more interesting.

On top of all this stuff, I discovered recently from my doctor that I broke my rib a little while back. This is the story: I was wrestling with Chrystal one day (about 3 months ago) and I twisted myself in a weird way and heard an audible 'SNAP' from my chest. Pretty intense pain followed. For the next months after that, I had the worst sleep (lying down was painful, getting up even more so), hated changing from 3rd to 2nd in the manual car (the angle made things hurt), but couldn't be bothered to go to the doctor to get it checked out. My theory was "Ah well, what's the doctor gonna do? You can't exactly plaster it up".
Anyway, it got better after about a month. Then I went to a Grand Final thingy at Dan Hoyne, Matt Baker and Glen Jessop's place, and we all had a kick of the footy at a nearby park. Bad move. I ended up on the second-bottom of a stacks on (very fun, mind you), and came back up again with a very painful side.
I got quite sick of it after that, so I did go to see the doctor, and they gave me my previously predicted response of "Can't do much. Sorry.", but they did tell me that the rib was actually broken.

So there you go, now I know what a broken rib feels like. I can tick that box in my list of 'life experiences'. I'm looking forward to another kind of break in about two weeks...

28 Comments:

At 4:42 pm, October 07, 2005, Blogger Mutt said...

I can safely say that Chrystal won the wrestling match.

 
At 5:03 pm, October 07, 2005, Blogger Brie said...

heheheh, I've never broken anything... I agree that Golem is the coolest character, pity he ends up dying...

 
At 6:12 pm, October 07, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

OWIE!!! That sounds just nasty! I hope it gets better really soon! Poor dboy. But know i know your weakness... mwahahahaha!

 
At 7:47 pm, October 07, 2005, Blogger Brie said...

she's gonna take over now isn't she?

 
At 9:20 pm, October 07, 2005, Blogger Luke said...

Hey Danny, I can relate buddy. They cut out one of my ribs, then put it back in loose and sewed me back up. I had it like that for two weeks until second stage surgery. Talk about painful. Even the smallest things were agonising.

And stop it with the awesome wife thing! You're making me lonely! :P

 
At 8:45 am, October 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, dboy... what's all this chick-wrestling stuff???
How many times do we have to tell you that australian women are just too big, strong and aggresssive for that sort of thing.
Chrystal used to be turkish weightlifter and wrestler before you met her, didn't she?

Besides, i think you're misreading song of solomon - doesn't sound like you've got the idea of what 'intimacy' is all about...

 
At 8:52 am, October 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'...can picture dboy on a first 'date'

" please, can i have just one good-night indian arm wrestle before you go?"
" No, Dboy, I'm not that kind of girl.!"
"what about a chinese burn, then?"
"Nooo, you're making me blush!"
"Well could you at least put me in a headlock and run your fingernails across my face before you go, just a goodbye move?"
"Get out!"
"A karate chop to the throat?""
"No! But next time we go out, I'll THINK about sumi wrestling you off the dance floor"
"Yipee!"

 
At 11:09 am, October 08, 2005, Blogger Luke said...

Ooh baby! I'm up for some of that!

 
At 1:47 pm, October 08, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

And that's why you're still single! :P
Or perhaps that's why I'm still single. I'm not beating up enough guys! Now I know the secret!!!

 
At 6:01 pm, October 08, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Hahahaha!

Funny thing is, Chrystal wasn't even touching me at the time. She broke my rib telekenetically with sheer willpower! Ouch! Don't mess with that chicky :/

Peebody knows me too well. Hehehe... "It'll go away". Silly Dboy.

Yeah, nah, there's nothing that I can get to support or brace it - doctor just recommended a few pain killers. Ah well. I'm tough! I can take it!

*pulls best macho face and pose*

 
At 6:44 pm, October 08, 2005, Blogger Luke said...

Hear this, O ye son of a Philistine, for you will be mocked by eunuchs!

 
At 6:46 pm, October 08, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

That was me again... I suck at this...

 
At 10:15 pm, October 08, 2005, Blogger Mutt said...

It's not that hard, where's that 'girls adapt to situations better than boys' attitude

 
At 1:05 pm, October 09, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I get that impression.
I've for a friend that I've been friends with since I was about 8 months old. Another friend since about age 6. And then lots of others I've known since I was about 12. Yay for long term friends!

 
At 2:29 pm, October 09, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

There's something about being around people who have travelled with you through your life - long term friends are so valuable (especially PB, cos he's a gem:)).

 
At 3:40 pm, October 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

* warm glowing feeling*

 
At 6:24 pm, October 09, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

GROUP HUG!!!
*lunges on everyone*

 
At 12:04 am, October 10, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Mmmmm... lunge. I do feel hungry...

 
At 12:24 am, October 10, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I don't, coz it's 12:30am. Not really a time my body says: let's eat! Am I allowed to have an : there? No? Well TOO BAD!

 
At 12:45 pm, October 10, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

No emoticon colon!

Youw in the prize!

I like to eat are bison!

 
At 4:17 pm, October 10, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

But the gems aren't rotten yet!

 
At 9:15 pm, October 10, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

9844 2471

 
At 9:49 pm, October 10, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I dare someone to ring that number!!! It woudl be a number in the burwood area I think.

 
At 10:19 am, October 11, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Yeah, I can see how that would be really hard. The move from Brighton to Arthurs Creek really affected me. I was actually quite well-liked at Hampton Primary School.

 
At 5:02 pm, October 11, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

That's a huge difference!
I went to one primary school and one high school. No moving around for me. My parents have lived on the same property my whole life. We built a bigger house in our back yard and moved into that when I was in year 12, or first year uni. I forget. I have lived out of home for a couple of years though, but now i'm back.

 
At 12:26 am, October 12, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Yeah, they're certainly a different lot. Hehehe... eccentric and loud Europeans.

 
At 2:45 pm, October 12, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I don't mind living with my family again at all. They're great.

 
At 12:34 pm, October 13, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Good question...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home