Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Pulling off the pLAN

WOAH!

I just had the funnest past couple of days ever.

It all started when my family told me they'd be going to Adelaide for a week, and that I could stay at their place while they were gone...

I thought to myself "Hmmm... fun times were always had at my old place. I think we could do fun times again." I had a vision: a house filled with boys, computers, board games, dvds, cds, weird milkshakes, chips, biscuits and pizza. I shared this vision with my accountability group (Alex M and Matt T), who were equally enthused, and we decided to set aside the next Monday and Tuesday for the said event. Adrenaline buzzed around our veins as we pondered the fun that was coming our way.

However! Catastrophe stroke when I quickly forgot all about it the next day, thus nothing was planned.

And so it was that I walked into church on the Sunday evening oblivious to the fact that I was to shock and disappoint my friends.
Anyway, I'm bored of this text type. To cut a long story short, I kicked myself when I realised I forgot, but quickly remembered that I had the next two days free too, so Alex ran around an invited people while I rang to check with my wife (who was supportive and loving - what a gorgeous wife!). IT WAS ON!

We started setting up at about 12pm, pulling all tables together, organising extension cords and power boards, eating a lovely lunch provided by Alex Marriot. I thought that it would be quite difficult and take a long time to set up computers and set up the network, but it was relatively simple and easy.
Then the fun started. And goodness gracious we had it in the bucketload. Warcraft was the game of the moment, with tower defense (Burbenog - oooooh), hero survival (9.8) and three corridor (DOTA6.09) maps flying back and forth amongst the computers.
Then came the banter which makes the experience an experience: insults ("Hahaha! You're a nOOb!"), threats ("Oooooh... You're going down!"), commands ("Push mid! Push mid now! Aarrgghh! You dufus!"), advice ("Go to the special shop and get the Point Booster, Vitality Booster and Electric Intensification Unit so you can create the ultimate l33t killing device of The Yasha Butterfly Perseverance Nova Shocker! It roxor!"), requests ("Can I have 200 gold? Why not? That's dumb! Why can't we share gold on this map?"), and sneakiness ("Put that there. Hehehehee... he's gonna get a surprise..."). All this amongst a whole lot of yelling and extremely loud laughing ("AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! I killed you! WHAT?!? Where did he come from?? AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! I'm dead!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!").

Ahhhh... add to the mix very weird milkshakes (not my best ever, mind you), an Xbox, Monty Python, Weird Al Yankovich, Battlefield 2, Little Britain, Seinfeld, Futurama, Black Books and very little sleep, and you'd probably have a fair idea of our time together.

A big thankyou to all those who participated in the night: Matt T, Alex M, Sam and Alex W, Andrew, Will, Carl, Mark and Dan Grimes (oh yeah, he was amean machine on the Xbox).

Let's do it again!

5 Comments:

At 1:45 pm, June 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheres my thanks? Mind you i had nothing to do the lan party, but thats not the point! Anyway, count me in for the next one.

Oh yeah, what'd you put in the shakes? Ah fond memories.

How'd bf2 run on the coms?

 
At 9:24 am, June 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wacky funster... We could hear the ARGGHHHHHSS!!! and the HEEEEYYYYYSS! annd the YAHOOOOOOS not to mention the sound of the milkshake maker way down here at the CSIRO Antarctic research base!

Good to see a cult leader develop such novel means of introducing his initiates to deeper levels of meditation. Did they all eschew* the trappings of western materialism and violence by the end of the retreat?

* eschew: always wanted to use this in a sentence

 
At 11:42 am, June 30, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Hahahaha...

The milkshake consisted of peanut butter, marmadalade, coffee, lemon cordial, milk, 4 eggs, chocolate syrup, coffee, coffee, vanilla essence, um... coffee, did I mention coffee?

The best thing I have found to put in these milkshakes yet is crunchy peanut butter (we had to settle for smooth this time). It totally mellows out the flavour of all the other stuff, while providing a more interesting texture.
Hehehe, yes, good times. Weird milkshakes have always been a tradition at my parents house. For years, whenever 'good times' were had by boys there, it would be a set tradition for us to make a milkshake full of all manner of crazy stuff (never savoury though, no no), always about halfway through the 'good time', and every person would have to skull a glass of the stuff. Hehehe... one time, this guy chucked. It was hilarious. Most of the time they just make you go mental, after the initial nausea :)

HOWEVER, this time, the tradition of the milkshakes was broken! Three people refused to drink the crazy-shake! IT WAS DISASTEROUS! Never in the existence of ever have people refused to drink!
There names, forever to be disgraced, are: Carl Western, Sam Wynn, Alex Wynn.
No matter how much taunting of the girly-calling nature would get them to drink. Wimps. Absolutely pathetic.

 
At 11:55 am, June 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. No vitamin c? Wheres that gone. That was the best when you got to the dregs of the shake and you had all these crunchy bit. Yum yum.
Did you tell them what was in the milkshakes before all of you drank it. That might have been your problem.

 
At 7:17 pm, July 06, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Not only did I tell them what was in the shake, but I made it in front of them, so they could SEE what was in it :) But, such has been the tradition for the age.

I forgot the vitamin C's! THAT'S what was missing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home