Thursday, July 28, 2005

My Discovery

[A small break from the Evil Overlord bonanza for a moment]

I have just realised over the past couple of days that teaching is actually a very time consuming and difficult profession. Not that expected it to be easy, and not that I'm not good at it (glowing reports from both of my current supervisors :), but planning lessons, dealing with difficult kids and correcting a load of essays/homework can take up so much time!!! I was at work till 6pm this evening just writing half of what I had to prepare for the next day. Errgghhh... I'm stuffed. Tomorrow's gonna be even tougher.

At least I'm not bored :)

NOTE: I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that this is my second new thread for today for all of my critics. You can stop whingeing now - I've been posting from two to six times PER DAY for the past TWO WEEKS. Fed up!

7 Comments:

At 11:10 pm, July 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha! Now you know what its like to work a full day 5 days a week! No that...... ah i can say much at my present job.

Teaching high school would be hard. You remember what we were like! Hahaha. Yeah, they were the good old days.

 
At 11:30 pm, July 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd be an excellent teacher Dboy! The kids are very lucky!

What's your nickname with the kids?
Have you mastered the art of whirling around - without looking - and throwing a piece of chalk directly at the bad kid in the back row?

And yes! Very impressed with your bloggability.. you have turned over a new leaf!!

I'm ALMOST tempted to join your cult

 
At 11:49 am, July 29, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Nice work Danny! Teaching is a much more demanding profession than anyone imagines (unless you are a teacher!). I tell you what, I spent more time working outside of class time last year than I did in the classroom. Writing tests, marking tests, setting classwork, setting homework, writing curriculum (yes, I had to do that too), staff meetings, report writing, and a thousand other things that come with teaching! It's a full on job! But well worth it I think!

 
At 1:03 pm, July 29, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

Thanks guys :) Needed the encouragement.

I've spent every single minute of this day either teaching or doing other work. The only break I've had is when I left my jacket in a classroom on the other side of the school, so I ate lunch on my walk there and back. Now I'm writing a model essay for Yr12 English Language. Then I've gotta mark 20 kids' work, before I observe another class in period 5 and teach one in period 6. Then I'll probably spend two or three hours sitting at this computer planning lessons for the next week.

It is fun though. I'm having many successes. I just can't wait until there's noone sitting over my shoulder criticisng my every inflection of tone and nervous switch.

 
At 1:14 pm, July 29, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

That's so awesome Danny! I'm so glad you're getting so much out of it, even if it's exhausting and demanding work. I'd love to have a teacher just like you!

 
At 4:16 pm, July 29, 2005, Blogger Dboy said...

That's such a nice thing to say!

 
At 12:55 am, July 30, 2005, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I'm nice, so I'm bound to say something nice eventually! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home